St. Dominic Vocational Committee was established by the Youngstown/Mahoning Serra Club. Part of the larger group of Serra International, the Youngstown/Mahoning Serra Club supports priests and religious in their sacred ministry.
The role of a vocational committee in each parish is:
1. Makes aware to the parishioners the importance of fostering religious vocations
2. Promote "Priesthood Sunday" (last Sunday of October each year). The Youngstown area Serra Club sends priest, active and retired, a letter to thank them and to let them know that we are praying for them.
3. Promote "Vocation Week" (November of each year) sign up for the 31 club
4. Maintain a religious bulletin board, such as poster picture of the seminarians, 31 club calendar, vocation material, brochures, etc.
5. Vocational Meeting are called when needed
The Serra Club of Mahoning County meets on the second and the forth Monday of the month. On the second Monday of each month, members and their spouse, meet at a restaurant for dinner to socialize, share information on the progress of religious vocations in their parishes. Priests in the diocese whose birthday are in that month are invited as well. A speaker is invited to share information on topics that will benefit our growth as a Serra Club. The forth Monday is Serra's business meeting
About the Serra International
Can you devote one hour a month to pray for vocations to the Priesthood and religious life?
You and 30 others can ensure that Masses are offered in the name of the Church 365 days a year!